Makes one 8" round cake | Prep Time: 30 Mins | Cooking Time: 30-35 Mins
- 3 eggs separated
- 80g castor sugar
- 50g plain or cake flour
- 1 tsp orange essence
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 can 410g Ayam Brand Peach Slices in Syrup, drained but keep syrup.
- 100ml syrup from can of peach
- 1 tbsp of powdered gelatin
- 2 tbsp. hot water
- 200g whipped cream
- 100g whipped cream
- 1 can 410g Ayam Brand Peach Slices in Syrup, drained.
- For the sponge, preheat oven to 160C. Line bottom of a 8" round cake mould or a chiffon mould with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar together until they form soft peaks. Fold in egg yolks followed by the flour and lastly the orange essence and zest.
- Pour into mould and bake for 35 mins. Remove and let it cool
- To make the peach mousse mix peach syrup with gelatin and add in hot water to stir until dissolved.
- Fold into whipped cream and add in the mashed peaches.
- Cut the cooled cake into 2 or 3 layers and fill layers with the mousse. Cover and chill in fridge till set.
- Remove from cake tin and spread top with whipped cream and peach arrangement
*Alternatively you can use store bought orange sponge cake