Prep Time: 15mins Cook Time: 20mins
- 1 can Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, halve the sardines and retain olive oil for cooking
- 2 stalks spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and sugar to taste
- ½ tsp white pepper powder
- Oil for deep frying
100g tempura flour
200ml ice cold water
- Heat oil in wok. Mix tempura flour with cold water to make a slightly thick batter with dripping consistency.
Dip sardines halves into batter and deep fry till crispy.
- Drain off excess oil on paper towel.
- In another pan, heat olive oil from sardines can and fry garlic and red chilli until fragrant. Lastly, add in spring onions and tempura sardines and toss with salt and pepper, add a little sugar to taste.
- Remove and serve immediately.